Your youth work to earn advancements and awards AND so do your adult leaders. Be sure they are recognized appropriately. The training awards and keys are designed to recognize unit Scouters for tenure, training and performance in their Leadership roles.
TRAINING AWARD PROCEDURES
The training awards and keys are designed to recognize unit Scouters for tenure, training and performance in their Leadership roles.
- Individual or unit completes the form.
- Unit leader verifies tenure, training, signs, and dates.
- Committee chair verifies performance, signs, and dates.
- Give to District Training Chair for verification of a complete form, dates, and signs. If no District Training Chair, give to Council Training Chair.
- Once approved at district/council level, give to Field Director.
- Field Director completes the training certificate(s) the third week of every month and gives to the professional for the district of the individual.
- District professional either presents certificate or gets to district committee for presentation.
- Individual takes training certificate to Scout Shop to buy the training knot.
District Committee Awards
The files below contain updated requirements for the Scouter's Key for District Committee Members and new requirements for the Scouter's Training Award for District Committee Members. See the Training Times for additional details.
CVC SUPER TRAINED & SUPER TRAINER AWARDS
Super Awards - The Colonial Virginia Council Training Committee has established the Super Trained and Super Trainer awards, by which leaders will be recognized for their outstanding efforts at self-improvement resulting in stronger leadership and units. Additionally, the awards will be used through “positive peer-pressure” for untrained leaders to become fully trained, and eventually Super Trained. Earlier draft versions of the applications will not be accepted, only those applications with a date of 1 Sep 2018 will be accepted. This program begins September 1, 2018.